This prestigious award, sponsored by Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, honors an ACRL member who has made valuable contributions to the field of distance librarianship.
The recipient will receive a plaque to honor their achievements and $1,200 to attend the ALA Annual Conference. The award will be presented to the winner at a special ceremony during the conference.
Nominees should have demonstrated achievements in one or more
of the following areas:
• Contribution to or support for distance learning librarianship and library service, e.g., service to students and faculty, publications,training, innovation and/or leadership
• Consultation services in support of higher education distance students and programs beyond the traditional library boundaries
• Training of faculty and staff who support library services for distance students
• Advocacy at decision-making levels, especially in funding and policy development as related to distance learning librarianship
• Planning and implementation of distance learning library programs of such exemplary quality that they serve as a model for others