There are only two weeks left to submit your nomination or apply for the Routledge Distance Learning Librarianship Conference Sponsorship Award!
This prestigious award honors an ACRL member who has made valuable contributions to the field of distance librarianship.
Award, Sponsored by Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group: A plaque to honor the winner’s achievements and $1,200 to attend the 2015 ALA Annual Conference in San Francisco. The award will be presented to the winner at a special ceremony during the conference.
Submissions must be received by December 5, 2014. Self-nominations are welcome! For complete information about this award and the application form, please visit: https://distancelearningsection.wordpress.com/awards/
The applicant should demonstrate achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Support for distance learning librarianship and library services, e.g., service to students and faculty, innovation and/or leadership
- Training of faculty/staff who support library services for distance students
- Significant research and publication in areas of distance learning librarianship
- Advocacy at decision-making levels, especially in funding and policy development as related to distance learning librarianship
- Work with outside agencies in support of students learning at a distance
- Consultation services in support of higher education distance students and programs beyond the traditional library boundaries
- Planning and implementation of distance learning library programs of such exemplary quality that they serve as a model for others.
Check out a list of previous recipients here: https://distancelearningsection.wordpress.com/previousrecipientsdlsaward/
Questions? Contact Jennifer Hill, DLS Awards Committee Chair: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-516-8823